Make toys for pets yourself: Lots of great and simple craft ideas for your four-legged friends at a glance!
Our beloved pets deserve nothing less than our affection and love. Of course, we have to pamper you every now and then with different treats or a dog biscuit recipe for your birthday. Nowadays you can find a variety of activities and ready-made toys for our pets in the trade. However, these are mostly made of plastic and cheap materials and do not last long. So, instead of spending a ton of money on overpriced toys, why not try to make something yourself? Making your own pet toys is actually much faster and easier than you might think. The best thing about it? You already have most of the materials in-house anyway. Would you like to give your four-legged friend something that comes from the whole heart? Then you are in good hands with our craft ideas! Whether for rabbits, cat or dog toys – with us every pet owner gets his money’s worth!
Every pet owner knows – there is hardly anything better than making your own four-legged friend happy! Various games and toys for pets ensure more well-being, prevent boredom and keep them physically and mentally fit. Before you start crafting, however, there are a few key points to look out for. Keep your pet’s safety first – check toys regularly for damage.
- You should be sure that your companion could not swallow anything dangerous. Therefore, when doing handicrafts, you must not use materials that could pose a risk of injury. These include, for example, staples, needles, sharp small parts or objects that are too small such as rubber bands.
- If you use glue or colored pencils, they must not contain any toxins.
- Small accidents that were not expected can happen every now and then and the pet could get injured. Until your pet gets used to their new toy, it is advisable to supervise them while they play.
Pet toys: dog toys to chew made from old t-shirts
Dogs are beloved, affectionate animals and are considered man’s most loyal and best friend for nothing. Different games and dog toys are an absolute must to keep your four-legged friend happy, active and mentally healthy. There is no dog on earth who does not love to chew a wide variety of objects. Your companion is one of those talents who can tear a stuffed animal apart in less than 30 seconds and you no longer want to spend money on expensive toys! In the following we will show you how you can make a new and fun dog toy yourself in less than 10 minutes!
- 1 old t-shirt
- 1 Tennisball
Pet Toys Instructions:
- Place the T-shirt on a flat surface and cut 2 strips about 15-16 centimeters wide.
- Place the strips on top of each other like an “X” and position the tennis ball in the middle.
- Now wrap the ball and tie the strips on the lower band of the ball with a thick elastic cord into a tight double knot.
- Cut each strip into 3 even sections and then braid them together.
- Tie the ends together and your homemade pet toy is ready!
Make pulling toys for dogs yourself
The drag game is one of the most popular activities between the dog and its owner. Not only is it a lot of fun, but it is a great way to exercise the little one physically and to strengthen the teeth.
- Fleece fabric in different colors
Make tearing toys yourself Instructions:
- So that the toy does not become too long over time, choose a fabric that is not too elastic.
- First cut 4 strips measuring 100 × 8 centimeters. The size can of course vary depending on the dog breed and be larger or smaller accordingly.
- Lay the strips on top of each other and secure with a knot.
- Now distribute the strips evenly in all directions like a cross.
- And now it’s time to braid! Place the left strip over the top one to form a loop. And so you should continue: Put the top strip over the right and the right over the bottom. Then the bottom strip is pulled through the loop and the whole thing is tightened again.
- Repeat the above process until you reach the ends. The pulling toy holds up pretty well on its own and you don’t have to secure it.
Dog toys made from water bottles
Some breeds of dogs just love to chew and nibble on something. And so that your sofa or dining table does not suffer and you have to redecorate your apartment, we have a very simple and great craft idea for toys for pets! All you need is an old sock and a small plastic tab. Simply put the bottle in the sock, tie the ends together with a thick string and you’re done!
The mug memory game for dogs and cats
Are you looking for an easy way to keep your dog or cat entertained? Intelligence and memory games are a great way to improve pets’s sense of smell, intelligence and concentration.
- For this toy you will get 3 or more opaque cups as well as treats.
- Place a treat under a mug and show the pet the mug.
- Add another 2 or 3 cups and move them around a little.
- And now the fun begins – the pet has to find out for himself under which cup the treat is hidden!
- If you don’t have any cups at hand, a muffin tin also works very well. Simply put some treats in the mold, place tennis balls or something similar on top and there you have it – your own dog puzzle toy!
Toys for pets: It’s that easy to make a game rod for cats yourself
Toys for pets are not only a welcome pastime for the four-legged friends, but are also important for their social behavior. Cats are known to be bored easily. But so that you don’t have to buy new stuffed animals or yarn balls every week, we have collected some great ideas for homemade cat toys for you! Would you like to awaken your cat’s innate hunting instinct and have some fun together? Then a game rod is exactly the right toy for you!
- a sturdy stick such as a branch or a wooden stick
- Wool pompoms, old socks, feathers, or whatever you can think of
Game fishing rod for cats instructions:
- The first thing you need is a sturdy pole.
- Tie the cord tightly at the end of the stick and fix it with tape if necessary.
- Finally, attach a suitable toy of your choice to the other end of the cord. Homemade pompoms made of wool, feathers, old socks and much more are perfect for this – there are absolutely no limits to your imagination.
Make play ball for cats yourself
Cats love to have something to scratch. Building a scratching post yourself is too complicated and time-consuming for you? A small play ball filled with catnip or valerian encourages every cat to cuddle and play and will keep you busy for at least 1-2 hours. It is up to you whether you sew the felt ball yourself or simply use an old sock for it.
- Felt in different colors or an old sock
- Catnip or valerian
- Thread and needle
- Cut out the felt fabric in a shape of your choice.
- To make a unique and special toy for pets, you can for example attach your cat’s name with iron-on letters. To do this, place the letters on the fabric and iron on the highest setting for about 20-30 seconds.
- Now fill the fabric or the sock with cotton wool or rice, add valerian or catnip and sew tightly.
How can you keep your rabbit busy?
Yes, you might be surprised, but rabbits may need regular activity too. A cage and food are nowhere near enough. A toy will help to keep the rabbit physically and mentally active and to avoid boredom! Only a few are aware of it, but a bored rabbit will become depressed, overweight or even sick. Since rabbit teeth are constantly growing, it is important to provide something for your pet to chew on. But when it comes to toys for pets, the little ones are not particularly demanding and you can use a wide variety of household items. Whether it’s a few small branches, twigs, pine cones or even toilet paper rolls – your rabbit will delight in tearing them all up quickly!
One of the easiest ways to keep your rabbit busy is to make a toy out of toilet rolls. Hide different tidbits in some of the roles to make the whole thing even more exciting. Now all you have to do is fold the rolls, put them in a box and you’re done!
The post make toys for pets yourself: Many great and simple craft ideas for your four-legged friends at a glance! appeared first on Deavita.com | Home ideas, design, hairstyles, make-up, lifestyle, health and beauty tips.