Fitness exercises at home – so you can stay physically active during the quarantine period!
The corona virus (COVID-19) is spreading across Europe and governments have expanded protective measures. In addition to restaurants, cafes and shops, private sports facilities and gyms are also closed. Even if this is not yet the case in your city, the Robert Koch Institute advises everyone not to visit gyms. Especially in places where a lot of body fluids are exchanged, the risk of infection is very high. More and more people have to work from home and limit social contacts. But that's no reason to give up any sporting activity. Whether Zumba, yoga, HIIT units or bodyweight training – there are many good fitness exercises at home for which you don't have to leave your home. To ensure that you remain physically active even during the quarantine period, we have put together some training plans for effective home workouts for which you do not need any equipment.
The biggest advantage of training at home in times of coronavirus is clearly the lower risk of infection. In addition, you are flexible in terms of time and can adapt the training plan to your rhythm. Yes, training in your own four walls cannot be compared to a strenuous 2-hour training session in the gym. But that doesn't mean that you can't really work up a sweat. The most important training device you need is your body and a training mat to protect your bones.
Fitness exercises at home – get creative and use the furniture as training equipment
So that you get bored and the body does not get used to the stimulus too quickly, it is particularly important for fitness at home to make some changes with different training methods. Gradually increase the repetitions or shorten the breaks between the sets and the exercises. Or get creative and try using some of your furniture as exercise equipment. Triceps dips on the chair or bed, raised push-ups or planks with your feet on the sofa. Canned or full water bottles can easily replace dumbbells until you can return to the fitness study.
Stay physically active in quarantine – the following training options are available
There are two ways to do fitness exercises at home – either as circuit training or as interval training. Below are the differences between the methods.
- Circuit training we all know from school and is particularly effective for staying fit. Different exercises are carried out for a certain time, usually 30 seconds to 1 minute. After the first exercise you switch to the next one and so on until the circle is done. Then start over again. Try to create at least 3 circles. And here is an example of short circuit training at home: jumping jack, lunges and squats with a jump. Do jumping jacks for 30 seconds, 30 seconds lunges and 30 seconds of squat with a jump. Now pause for 30 seconds and then start the second circle.
- Interval training at home is also known as HIIT training and strengthens our endurance. Do as many repetitions of an exercise as possible for 30 seconds to 1 minute, followed by a short break. Then do 2-3 sets of the same exercise, pause for 1 minute, and start the next one. For example: 3 sets of 30 seconds jumping jack, break, 3 sets of 30 seconds lunges and finally 3 sets of squats with jump.
Exercise your legs at home – an overview of 5 of the most effective exercises
Slim and taut legs are every woman's dream. The good news is that you don't have to go to the gym – there are many effective fitness exercises at home for which you don't need expensive equipment.
- Squat with jump – Squats are the classic and should not be missing in any well-planned leg training. Whether with a fitness band, weights or sumo squat – the exercise has so many variations that it can never be boring. Above all, the thighs and buttocks are trained with jump squats. Start with an upright stand and lower your bottom slightly towards the floor. Now jump with a light swing and stretch your body. But since exercises with jumps could annoy your neighbors, here is a great alternative – do deep squats alternating with lunges.
- Sumo squat on tiptoe for slim thighs. Place your legs approximately twice the width of your hips and stretch your arms forward. Now lower your bottom and go to the top as high as possible. Hold the position for about 10 seconds and put your feet down. Try to do at least 10 repetitions.
- Wall seat actually looks pretty simple, but it is an excellent fitness exercise for tight buttocks and thighs. Lean against a wall, crouch, and bend your legs at a 90 degree angle. Press your lower back against the wall and hold the position as long as possible.
- Side plank with leg washers is actually more suitable for advanced users. Lie down on a yoga mat and lift your body. Now raise your leg as high as possible and lower it again. If you are a newbie, lie on your side on the mat and lift your leg up. Get a bigger effect and use a fitness band.
- Lunges with rotation – Lungees are another classic exercise that wonderfully strains the entire lower body muscles. The rotations in this variant also train the abdominal muscles on the side – a real all-rounder! If you already have fitness experience, feel free to take a full bottle of water as a weight. Stand upright and take a big step forward with your left leg. Bend your legs to a 90-degree angle and turn your upper body to the left. Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise with the right leg.
Upper body and stomach fitness exercises at home
For most upper body workouts, weights in the form of dumbbells or kettlebells are used. However, so that you remain physically active in the quarantine period and do not lose your shape, we have put together some great fitness exercises for you at home without equipment.
- pushups are undoubtedly one of the most famous and effective upper body exercises and have countless variations. This mainly trains the arm, shoulder and chest muscles. Push-ups with knees down or those with hands on the edge of the bed or the sofa are particularly suitable for beginners. Try gradually reducing the increase until you can do the classic pushups on the floor.
- Triceps dips on the sofa – Sit at the end of the sofa and put your hands on the edge. Place your feet hip-width on the floor and bend your knees slightly. Now bend your elbow and lower your butt towards the floor until your elbows are parallel to the floor. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
- Mountain climbers are also known as mountaineers in Germany and stress both the abdominal muscles and the buttocks. Stand in the push-up position, bend one leg and pull it up to your chest. Stretch to the starting position and repeat with the other leg. Get more tension and try to do the exercise as soon as possible.
Upper body workout plan for home
A well thought out and planned training plan is an absolute must if you want to train a muscle group in a targeted and effective manner. The following upper body training consists of fitness exercises at home, which are great for both beginners and people with experience. All you need is a yoga mat and 2 water bottles or 2 kilos of dumbbells. Take a 30-second break between sets and 1 minute between exercises.
- Pushups – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Tricep dips on the sofa or bed – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Plank – 3 sets of 1 minute
- Burpees – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Mountaineer – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Bicep curls with water bottles – 3 sets of 15 reps per side
Home fitness – lower body exercises without equipment
Stay fit in the quarantine period by performing our upper body workout plan at home twice a week. Depending on the intensity and rest time between exercises, you will not need more than 40 minutes. Take a break of 30-40 seconds between sets and 1 minute between exercises.
- Squat – 3 sets of 20 reps
- Lunges – 3 sets of 15 reps per leg
- Squat with jump – 3 sets of 12 reps
- One Leg Bridge – 3 sets of 12 reps per leg
- Wall seat – 3 times 60 seconds each
- Lift leg sideways with a fitness band – 3 sets of 15 repetitions per leg
- Sumo squat – 3 sets of 20 reps
- Lateral lunges – 3 sets of 15 reps per leg
Or how about a full body workout without equipment
Whole-body workouts are particularly popular at home because you can use them to effectively train all muscle groups at once.
- Warm up is very important so that you can avoid injury. Repeat 20 squats and 3 jumping jacks.
- Set 1 – Repeat 10 push-ups, 20 climbers, 10 squats and 10 lunges per leg 3 times.
- Set 2 – Perform 10 side lunges, 10 triceps dips, 10 bridges and 15 burpees 3 times.
Effective cardio training at home
Just because the gym is closed doesn't mean that cardio training is not possible in quarantine. Instead of normal squats and lunges, do them in combination with jumps to bring your heart rate up to speed. Below you will find further fitness exercises at home that are wonderful for effective cardio training under your own four walls. Try to do this as quickly and intensely and shorten the breaks between the sets and the exercises.
- Jumping jack
- Jump rope
- High Knees – run quickly on the spot and pull your knees as high as possible.
- Anfersen – run against the spot and pull your feet back towards the buttocks
- Squats and lunges in all imaginable variations
The post fitness exercises at home – so you can stay physically active during the quarantine period! appeared first on Deavita.com | Living ideas, design, hairstyles, make-up, lifestyle, health and beauty tips.