Is cucumber juice healthy? – Overview of health, skin and hair benefits!
It's no longer a secret that vegetables are good for us and our health. The cucumber is one of the most popular vegetables in Germany and for good reason. If you have ever looked for a magical magic drink that has a positive effect on your state of health and at the same time provides radiant skin and hair, then we have the solution for you! In our article we will tell you what exactly makes cucumber juice healthy, how you make it yourself and what advantages it has for health, skin and hair.
Even though almost 90% of the cucumbers consist only of water, they contain a large amount of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus and magnesium. Particularly refreshing and very tasty – the fresh and homemade cucumber juice contains many important vital and nutrients, which have a positive effect on our health. It has the ability to detoxify our body and helps against hangovers, heartburn, indigestion and much more.
Is cucumber juice healthy and how can you make cucumber juice yourself?
So that you can benefit from the positive effects of the magic drink, you must always prepare it freshly and preferably drink it immediately. With an electric juicer, you can make the cucumber juice yourself in less than 5 minutes. And a little tip from us – try to consume the juice alone and not combine it with other foods. This is the only way you can benefit 100% from its positive effects. This is how easy cucumber juice is made:
- First, wash the cucumbers thoroughly.
- Cut off the top and bottom ends. If you are not using organic cucumbers, you should peel them with a peeler.
- Now put the cucumbers in the juicer and prepare the juice.
Don't have a juicer? We also have a suitable solution for you:
- Wash the cucumbers, cut off the ends and peel.
- Cut into small pieces and either in a blender or in a large bowl.
- Puree the cucumbers with the blender or hand blender.
- Line a fine sieve with a cotton cloth and pour the mixture into it.
- Then squeeze out the cotton cloth and your cucumber juice is ready!
If you don't like the cucumber juice that much, you could make it a little more tasty by adding more ingredients. Lemon juice, a pinch of salt, a little mint or a sweet note – 1 tablespoon of honey are perfect for this.
Important health benefits of cucumber juice
- Cucumber juice for heartburn – The cucumber juice has a base-forming effect and helps to neutralize the acids. This makes it the best home remedy for heartburn.
- It regulates blood pressure – Especially in the skin of the cucumber, there are large amounts of sodium that help regulate blood pressure.
- The magic drink balances the hormone level – Everyone knows that calcium is important for our bones. However, the vitamin plays a major role in the hormonal balance. As little as 200 ml of cucumber juice provide you with the recommended daily dose of calcium and can help with thyroid problems.
- Cucumber juice is healthy for digestion – Salad cucumbers contain the bitter substances terpenes, which activate the enzymes in bile and liver and thus support digestion. Fresh cucumber juice is a natural laxative and helps with chronic constipation. You need to drink about 200 ml of it 3 times a day on an empty stomach.
- It increases immunity – Fresh cucumber juice is loaded with antioxidants and provides the body with a number of minerals and nutrients that protect the body from diseases and seasonal infections and viruses.
- Ensures a better sleep – It has a calming, stress-relieving and helps with anxiety. For a good and healthy sleep, drink a glass of cucumber juice before bed.
- Cucumber juice in hangovers? – The Russians in particular swear by the magical effects of pickles after a wild party night. The cucumber juice counteracts dehydration and is therefore one of the best home remedies for hangovers.
Other health benefits of cucumber juice
- Cucumber juice for cramps and sore muscles – Cucumbers are very rich in silicon, which is particularly important for the regeneration of connective tissue and the relief of muscle cramps. Many fitness trainers recommend drinking a glass of cucumber juice mixed with water after a strenuous workout.
- Cucumber juice detox – Cucumbers have a cleansing effect and are an excellent way to detoxify the body. They help the body cut off toxins and waste materials and reduce the risk of developing various kidney, bladder and leather diseases.
- Helps with blood clotting – Vitamin K is very important for faster blood clotting. With just 200 ml of cucumber juice, you cover half of the recommended daily dose of vitamin K.
- Cucumber juice for cancer? – According to many scientific studies, cucumber juice could help fight cancer. In addition to antioxidants, cucumbers contain a group of nutrients called lignans. The flavonoid fisetin contained in it could also slow the progression of prostate cancer.
- Against sunburn – Cucumber juice is one of the most effective home remedies for sunburn. Soak a cotton pad in it and lightly dab it on the skin.
Drink cucumber juice for radiant and healthy skin
The cucumber juice is not only good for your health – since cucumbers consist exclusively of water, they provide the skin with moisture. This in turn helps to fight acne and ensures radiant and healthy skin. Drinking cucumber juice on a daily basis can also successfully fight eczema or psoriasis. This is due to the high amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants that can already be found in most face creams. The high silicon content ensures elastic and firm skin and soothes blemishes and redness.
And this is how cucumber juice can be used for the skin:
- Squeeze out the juice and mix either directly or with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt and apply to the face. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- To combat acne and pimples – Mix cucumber juice with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and apply to the affected area.
- A mixture of cucumber juice, honey and ground coffee helps against cellulite. Massage the skin 2-3 times a week.
Cucumber juice for healthy hair
The refreshing cucumber juice is also healthy for strong and shiny hair. As already mentioned, it contains a lot of silicon, which makes the hair structure stronger and stimulates hair growth. The sulfur it contains also stimulates hair growth.
Cucumber juice suitable for slimming
With only 14 calories per 100 grams, cucumbers are real slimming agents and can be wonderfully integrated into any diet. A glass of freshly squeezed cucumber juice before meals has a filling effect and stimulates fat burning.
Cucumber juice healthy – are side effects possible?
Even though cucumbers are among the healthiest vegetables, the daily consumption of cucumber juice could trigger side effects in some people.
- In many cases, cucumbers are at risk of pesticides and traces of toxic compounds, which is why it is better to buy the vegetables in organic quality.
- Allergic reaction: Consumed in large quantities, however, the cucumber juice could trigger allergic reactions such as redness, shortness of breath, skin irritation or swelling in the mouth area.
- Fullness and gas: Gastrointestinal complaints in the form of cramps and fullness are among the most common side effects of excessive cucumber juice consumption.
- Kidney problems: Since the cucumber juice contains a high level of potassium, it is rather unsuitable for people with kidney diseases.
The post Is cucumber juice healthy? – Overview of health, skin and hair benefits! appeared first on Deavita.com | Living ideas, design, hairstyles, make-up, lifestyle, health and beauty tips.