Exercise the inside of the thigh – an overview of the best exercises for tight thighs!
We all have these body parts that we would like to tighten a little more. Some dream of a flat stomach and others dream of slender legs. Flabby and bulky thighs are among the most common problem areas for many women. While it is almost impossible to lose weight only in certain areas, you can train and define the inner thigh with targeted leg and butt exercises and a well-designed workout for home. If you want to get your legs in good shape, you should also do endurance training in addition to a HIIT training or strength training. Jump rope, climbing stairs or high-intensity aerobic movements are ideal for this. You can find out which are the best exercises for the inner thigh as well as a training plan for your home in our article!
Where the body stores excess fat is largely determined by genetics and age. However, 90% of women tend to put on weight especially in the abdomen, hips and inner thighs. For visible results, fitness experts recommend doing a thigh workout at least 3 times a week. In order to lose weight and tighten your body successfully, in addition to sufficient exercise, a balanced and healthy diet is essential.
Exercise the inside of the thigh – strength training or do you prefer endurance training?
A common fitness myth is that endurance training is more suitable for losing weight than weight training. Therefore, many women spend 1 hour on the treadmill or elliptical machine hoping to achieve their dream weight in this way. Although you burn more calories on average with cardio, the result is usually a slim but undefined body. This type of body is also known as skinny fat. A little known fact is that the more muscles we have, the more calories we burn after training – this is about the so-called afterburn effect. It has also been scientifically proven that a high-intensity home workout is much more effective for losing weight than low-intensity cardio sessions. The best way to lose weight and tighten your body is to find a balance between the two types of training. It would be optimal if you did strength training 3 times a week and endurance training 1 or 2 times.
Tighten your thighs – 20 minutes training plan for at home
One of the biggest advantages of thigh inner exercises is that they can be done anywhere and you don't need any special and expensive equipment. Below we have a great home workout for you in two parts. The first part consists of exercises with body weight and the second one uses a mini fitness band. Do the circuit training 2 times in total.
- Warm up – The warm-up phase prepares the body for training and helps prevent possible injuries. Exercises that are suitable for warming up are squats with their own weight, jumping jack, jumping rope or normal pushups. Make sure that you do not overwhelm yourself – the warm-up should not take more than 5 to 10 minutes.
- Foreign lunges with leg raises – Lungees in all imaginable variations are undoubtedly one of the most effective exercises for the inner thigh. In addition, the legs and buttocks are trained and tightened. Depending on how much fitness experience you have, you can do the exercise with dumbbells. Place your feet hip-width apart and tense your back and stomach. Take a big step backwards to the left with your right leg so that your legs cross. Lower your back knee and hold your front left leg perpendicular to the floor. Slowly return to the starting position and kick your right foot sideways. Repeat with the other leg. Do 12 repetitions per side.
- Plie squat is an incredibly great squat variant, which trains the inner thighs and the buttocks at the same time. Start with your feet and hands on your hips a little wider than your hips. Point your toes outward and keep the pelvis in a neutral position. Then squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold the position for about 10 seconds and push yourself into the starting position. It gets even harder if you lift your heels off the floor and put them down while you crouch. Do 12 to 15 repetitions.
- Lateral lunges strengthen the glutes and shape the legs. Whether with weights, shorter breaks and higher intensity or in combination with upper body exercises such as shoulder press with dumbbells – the possibilities for doing the exercise seem endless. Place your feet hip-width apart, point your toes forward and your hands on your hips. Then take a big step to the left with your left foot and bend your knee slightly while keeping your other leg straight. When doing this, make sure that the back remains straight and the knee points in the same direction as the tip of the foot. Do 12 repetitions per side.
- Squat with running – Do a classic squat and step aside with your left foot, followed by your right. Then step back to the left – this is a repetition. To increase the level of difficulty, you can put a mini fitness band around your thighs. Do 20 repetitions.
Zirkel 2 – Mini fitness band exercises
Elastic mini fitness bands are real all-rounders and probably the best and cheapest option for strenuous home workouts. You can train both the upper body, the legs and the inside of the thigh in a targeted manner. In addition, the fitness bands are available in different levels of resistance and are wonderful for both beginners and advanced.
- Fire hydrant exercise is a great option to train the abs, buttocks and inner thighs at the same time. Stand in the classic four-footed position, stretch your arms and position shoulder-width apart, place the mini band above your knees. Tense your stomach and back, bend your left leg slightly and then lift it up. Return to the starting position and repeat with the right leg. Make sure that the back remains straight and does not form a hollow back. Do 12 repetitions per side.
- Plank with side steps – The Plank exercise strengthens the back and the stomach and by adding fitness bands and leg movements you can also train the inside of the thighs. Put the fitness band around your ankles and go to the classic low plank position. Now take a small step to the right with your right foot and then back to the center. Repeat the movement with the left foot. It gets even harder when you do plank jacks – just jump sideways from the plank position. Do 12 repetitions per side.
- Lifting the pelvis with a fitness band – Correctly performed is pelvic lifts, also known as glute bridge, one of the most effective exercises for the thighs and the large gluteus. Lie on your back on an exercise mat and put the fitness band around your thighs. Extend your arms sideways and head up. Then push the bottom up as high as possible until the body forms a straight line from the shoulders to the knees. Hold the position and slightly open your knees. Repeat the movement for 60 seconds and lower the bottom again.
Exercise with fitness ball on the inside of the thigh
Although exercises with gymnastics and fitness balls are generally not so well known, they offer an excellent variety of exercises for all muscle groups. In the following we have put together a few exercises that you can integrate into your training routine and train the inside of the thigh.
- Press fitness ball – This exercise not only strains the thighs and legs, but also strengthens the core muscles. Lie on your back or on the side of an exercise mat and place the ball between your thighs. Then press the ball as firmly as possible for 10 seconds and rest briefly. Repeat the process as often as possible for 1 minute. It gets even more challenging if you lift your legs slightly off the floor.
- Deadlift with fitness ball – Lie on your back and bend your legs. Pinch the ball between your thighs and then push your buttocks up. Keep the position short and at the same time squeeze the ball firmly. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat a total of 12 times.
- Lateral leg lifting – Lie on your side with your legs straight and your arm bent and clamp the fitness ball between your ankles. Tense your thighs while lifting your legs slightly off the floor. Hold for 5 seconds and lower legs again. Do 10 repetitions per side.
Tighten thighs with these high intensity endurance exercises
If you thought that endurance training is only possible in the gym, then you have made a huge mistake. Exercises such as jumping jack, squat or lunges with a jump increase the heart rate and are often part of a high-intensity HIIT training plan for at home. They boost fat burning and are perfect for anyone who wants to train their whole body effectively in no time.
- Jumping jack is one of the most popular aerobic exercises that can be done anywhere. Put your feet close together and take a deep breath. Then jump sideways as far as possible and cross your arms over your head. From there, cross your legs and arms in front at chest level. Try to hold out for 60 seconds.
- Frog jumps are a combination of squats and jumps and require a lot of strength and energy. Due to the high intensity, you will train and strengthen your legs, buttocks and thighs at the same time. Put your feet hip-width apart and crouch slightly. Place your fingertips in front of your feet, keeping your heels on the floor. Then store the weight forward and hop. Land softly in a deep crouch and repeat the exercise for 1 minute.
- Skater jumps While they look pretty simple, they're a great option for increasing your heart rate and toning your legs and thighs. Place your feet waist-wide and make a big jump to the right, with the left foot crossing behind the right leg. Then jump left and land on your left leg. To keep your balance, it is important that your arms swing with your legs as well. Try to make 12 jumps per side.
Exercise the post inside of the thigh – the best exercises for tight thighs at a glance! appeared first on Deavita.com | Living ideas, design, hairstyles, make-up, lifestyle, health and beauty tips.