Weight training for women: The best bodyweight exercises and training plan for home!
Dumbbells, weights and kettlebell exercises, or cardio machines like treadmills and cross trainers are undoubtedly great and effective. However, they are not always necessary to tighten and shape the body. Whether due to lack of time or because you simply don't feel like crowded gyms, you are increasingly using bodyweight exercises without equipment. And not without reason – a 20 minute workout at home with your own body weight can be just as strenuous and demanding as 1 hour of strength training in the gym. What are the advantages of weight training and which exercises are best for this? All of this and great training plans for home that you can easily do in the living room can be found in our article!
You don't need any special equipment, the training plan can be carried out anywhere and it doesn't cost anything – these are just some of the unbeatable advantages of training with your own weight. In addition, most exercises are functional or in other words – with a single movement, several muscle groups and joints are trained at the same time. In addition, a training plan can be adapted to your own strengths and is therefore suitable for both advanced and fitness beginners.
Weight training for women – full body training plan for home
The resistance against which our muscles work is only generated by our own body weight during training with our own weight. The choice of bodyweight exercises seems to be endless, so the training never gets boring. With different squat variations, plank or push-up exercises, you can increase the level of difficulty after a certain time. If you vary the intensity and repetitions, the performance is increased even more. The following training plan is suitable for beginners and advanced. Make absolutely sure that you carry out the movements in a controlled and slow manner in order to prevent possible injuries. Perform each exercise three times and rest for 15 seconds between each exercise. For optimal results, we recommend that you do your own weight training 2 to 3 times a week.
- Warm up briefly before training is especially important to prepare the body for the upcoming stress and to prevent injuries. It is sufficient if you simply run or hop on the spot for a few minutes. Exercises such as high knees, classic squats, lunges or pushups are a good option.
- Squat with jump – The classic squat exercise in one of the most popular and effective bodyweight exercises and must not be missing in any weight training. Stand with your feet wide and point your toes out. Tense your stomach, keep your back straight and squat deeply. Now jump as high as possible from the floor, with your arms stretched backwards. Do 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Lift plank exercise with arm and leg – Go to the high plank position and make sure the body is in a straight line. Raise left arm and right leg at shoulder height at the same time, keep the position short and then raise right arm with right leg. If you are a beginner, you can do the plank exercise on your knees. Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
- Explosive push-up is one of the most demanding push-up variants and trains abdominal, back and shoulder muscles at the same time. Go to the classic push-up position, lower your body and then push yourself vigorously off the floor with a lot of force. Land with your arms slightly bent back to the starting position. Beginners can also do this exercise on their knees. Do 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps.
- Leg scissors – Lie on an exercise mat with your legs stretched out. Slightly lift your shoulder blades off the floor and put your hands behind your head. Look up and raise both legs slightly so that they hover a few centimeters above the ground. Then alternately lift your legs up. Make sure that your back stays on the floor and does not form a hollow back. Do 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions per leg.
- Mermaid is a wonderful bodyweight exercise that targets the oblique abs and triceps. Sit on an exercise mat with your legs bent and facing right. Keep your hips tight and facing forward. Slowly wrap your left hand around the right side and stretch your right hand over your body. Then slowly drop your body to the left until it forms a 45 degree angle to the floor. Then push yourself off the floor with your right hand to return to the starting position. Do 2 sets of 10 to 12 reps.
- Bridge with leg raises – Lie on the exercise mat with your knees bent. Tense your stomach and buttocks. Raise your hips so that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Extend one leg and push the body up. Make sure that your back stays straight. Do 3 sets of 10-12 reps per leg.
- Lift the side plank with your arm and leg – Go to the high side plank position. Extend your arm up and keep your body in a straight line. Now lower your hips towards the floor, but do not touch it. Push up and raise the upper leg slightly. Do 3 sets of 10 reps on each side.
Weight training for beginners
Weight training is ideal for all fitness enthusiasts who want to enter the fitness world and tighten their bodies. The following training plan activates all important muscle groups and the workout itself takes less than 30 minutes. It is a circuit training and each round consists of 3 exercises. Do the first circle 3 times before moving on to the second. Start with a slight warm-up by walking gently on the spot for 2 minutes.
- Classic squat – Place your feet waist-wide, keep your back straight and push your body down. Do 20 repetitions.
- Sitting Russian twist is a wonderful bodyweight exercise for the lateral abdominal muscles. Sit on the exercise mat with your legs bent and lean back a little. Place your hands behind your head with wide elbows. Tense your stomach and then turn your body alternately to the right and left. Do 15 repetitions per side.
- Low Plank with Leg Raises – Go to the low plank position. Keep your back straight and lift your right foot slightly off the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat with the left foot. Make sure that the body remains stable and that you do not sway back and forth. Do 10 repetitions on each side.
Home workout with your own weight – Zirkel 2
- Crisscross lunges with leg raises – Lungees not only strengthen the leg and buttock muscles, but also stress the back and stomach. The functional exercise is often added to a high-intensity HIIT home training plan. Place your feet hip-width apart and put your arms on your hips. Then bend your left leg slightly and take a step backwards to the right so that your legs cross. Push up, make a kick to the left and repeat the movement with the right foot. Do 10 repetitions per side.
- Triceps dips with chair – Dips is a very effective exercise for the arm muscles and especially for the triceps, which at the same time promotes stability and coordination. Sit on the front edge of a chair and hold the seat so that the back of your hand is facing forward. Extend your legs and push your buttocks away from the chair until your knees form a 90 degree angle. Then bend your arms until they are parallel to 90 degrees to the floor and you almost touch the floor. Push the body up and do 15 repetitions.
- Side step squat – Start in a deep squat. Push yourself up while kicking your left leg to the left. Squat down and then repeat the movement with your right leg. Do 10 total 20 repetitions.
Self-weight training women – an overview of other effective bodyweight exercises
Below we have a few great exercises with your own weight that you are welcome to add to your training routine.
- Burpee is a combination of a squat, push-up and jumping and brings your heart rate up properly. It is therefore a wonderful exercise to improve endurance while promoting muscle growth. Place your feet hip-width apart, keep your back straight and stretch your arms up. Now crouch down and rest on the floor with your hands. Jump on the push-ups, crouch back and jump with your arms stretched up. That counts as a repetition.
- Windshield wiper exercise – Don't be fooled by the strange name. The wiper is one of the most effective exercises for a flat stomach. Lie on the exercise mats with your arms outstretched so that your body forms a “T”. Hold your legs close together and stretch up. Tense your abs and lower your legs to the right as far as you can without lifting your shoulders off the floor. Then swing your legs to the left and repeat 10 times on each side.
- Bear Walk or Bear Crawl Exercise – Animal moves exercises such as frog jumps, bear walks, etc. are incredibly versatile and are always very popular. This not only trains an incredible number of muscle groups at the same time, it also strengthens performance and coordination. Go to the four-footed stand with your arms and feet slightly wider than your hips. Lift your knees off the floor and keep your body straight. Then crawl forward with small, controlled steps. Try doing the exercise for 30 to 60 seconds.
Tips for effective weight training
As our body quickly gets used to the stresses, it is important to increase the level of difficulty during training to promote muscle building. Here are a few simple options that add variety to body weight training.
- Do the exercises more dynamically – Adding jumps can completely change an exercise. So how about squats or alternating lunges with jumps? Are the classic pushups not challenging enough for you? Then try push-ups with clapping hands. These variants are not only exhausting, but also really fun! To prevent injuries, make sure that they are executed correctly and cleanly.
- Keep the breaks shorter – A very simple, yet effective way to increase your heart rate is to reduce the amount of rest between exercises and sets. Instead of 30 seconds, rest for 15 seconds.
The post weight training for women: The best bodyweight exercises and training plan for home! appeared first on Deavita.com | Living ideas, design, hairstyles, make-up, lifestyle, health and beauty tips.