Strengthen the immune system: Support the fight against the coronavirus with home remedies
In the beginning it was only part of the news program, now it is a sensitive topic: corona virus. Not only is the government taking it very seriously, the whole population is also worried. Mainly because the virus is very new, has a high death rate and is currently not an effective medicine. Vaccination protection will also be a whole year away. The situation should never be underestimated. But the panic doesn't help either. What we can all do now is take the necessary security measures to prevent possible transmission and strengthen our immune system. We will explain how you can use home remedies to support the fight against the coronavirus. Because a healthy diet and lifestyle can really help.
Strengthening the immune system: This is how you ensure better defense
There are several rules on how we can protect ourselves from infection. If possible, stay at home. Avoid crowding, keep a minimum distance of 2 meters from other people, wash your hands often with soap, avoid touching your face. The local authority also announces other protective measures every day.
However, if a coronavirus infection occurs despite all protective measures, then it is helpful to have a strong immune system. In medical terms, however, the immune response to viruses and bacteria is not described as “strong” or “weak”, but rather as appropriate or overreaction. The immune system can be weakened, for example in the chronically ill and in the elderly. They can also be normal, which is the case with most working-age people. An important prerequisite for this is that the body is supplied with sufficient vitamins and nutrients. We speak of an overreaction of the immune system if the activity of the immune cells is increased rapidly and too much. This leads to tissue destruction, lung cell death and pneumonia.
So when we strengthen our defenses, we should be careful not to get our immune system to react incorrectly. That is why most medical practitioners advise against dietary supplements. A deficiency in vitamins, minerals or trace elements can only be determined with a test. Without a deficiency, there is no point in taking supplements, all the more so there can be an overdose that could be dangerous. So it makes a lot more sense to provide the body with the important nutrients with a healthy diet. This can never lead to an overdose.
Furthermore, other influencing factors can have a negative impact on our immune system. First and foremost is the stress that keeps our defenses at bay. Insufficient sleep also makes us more susceptible to bacteria and viruses. Alcohol and smoking also have a negative effect not only on our health, but also on our immune system.
Strengthen the immune system for the fight against the coronavirus
We have already explained which vitamins play an important role in the fight against the coronavirus. Vegetables, nuts, healthy fats and fruits are important suppliers of vitamins A, B, C and E. The good news: With a balanced diet, we provide our body with all vitamins. But trace elements also keep our immune system fit. These include, for example:
- The mineral zinc is an important component of enzymes in our body. It also contributes to the formation of antibodies that later have to fight viruses and bacteria. The trace element is only partially produced by the human organism and must therefore be supplied with food. You can meet your daily needs with regular consumption of oatmeal, cheese, lentils, nuts, beef and fish.
- Magnesium is considered a miracle weapon against viruses because it improves the permeability of the blood vessels. This means that both nutrients and antibodies can be transported and inflammation can be fought faster, for example. Pumpkin and sunflower seeds, for example, are rich in magnesium.
- Iron promotes the immune system. The trace element helps to transport the oxygen in our body. In this way, it can get into the body's cells, where it is further processed for energy. Meat, spinach, beetroot and leafy vegetables are rich in iron.
Strengthening the immune system: home remedies for viruses and bacteria
If you eat a healthy diet and thereby strengthen your immune system, you still have a powerful weapon against viruses. These home remedies are particularly effective:
1. Keep the mucous membrane moist: For example with lukewarm tea or lemon water. For example, herbal tea from lemon, echinacea or green tea infusion are well suited. Drink the tea very slowly or gargle it 2-3 times a day. Strong ginger tea is also good for the mucous membrane and keeps the body warm.
2nd Moisten the nose with homemade nasal irrigation. Saline solutions moisten and decongestant. They clean the nose from bacteria and in some cases can also free them from viruses. You can also do a nasal irrigation yourself. Boil a liter of water and let it cool. Then dissolve 15 g of sea salt in the lukewarm water. Stir well until the salt has completely dissolved. Then fill the homemade nasal irrigation into a nasal douche and clean your nose two to three times a week.
3rd Drink enough water. Water not only keeps the mucous membrane moist, but also dilutes the blood. In this way, the body can supply its cells with important nutrients. Even if you are at home and don't move much, you should still drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day. You can taste the water with lemon juice. Or you can dilute smoothies and homemade juices with water.
4th Prepare smoothies or smoothie bowls. Do you have a list of fruits, vegetables and nuts but you don't know how to combine them in a salad or dish? Then there are smoothies. There are numerous combination options for real vitamin bombs that you can use to cover your daily needs. Don't forget to wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly first! If desired, you can dilute the smoothies with water, but make sure that there is at least 50% of the fruit or vegetable puree.
5. Eat legumes daily, because they contain a lot of protein. Proteins are the main energy suppliers and building materials of the immune system. They also contribute to the oxygen transport in the body. According to studies, around 18% of the daily diet should consist of proteins. Fish and meat are also important suppliers of protein and help to keep the immune system fit.
6. Eat sauerkraut. If you are in quarantine at home or don't want to go to the fresh fruit and vegetable supermarket daily, you can eat sauerkraut. It is a real vitamin bomb and contains a lot of vitamin C, which is very important for our immune system. A real secret weapon against viruses and bacteria that strengthens the immune system.
7. Avoid alcohol, with the exception of wine. On glass of red wine daily stimulates metabolism and blood circulation.
8th. Keep your feet and hands warm. When it is cold, the body tries to keep the heat loss to the minimum by constricting the blood vessels. The result: poor circulation in the nasal cavity and in the mucous membrane. Since the cells in these areas are not adequately supplied with oxygen, they can no longer fulfill their function and protect us from pathogens. That makes us more susceptible to bacteria and viruses.
9. Pay attention to that good air quality in the room. It is important first of all that you ventilate all rooms several times a day. If you live in a big city, you can invest in an air purifier. It is also important that you pay attention to the humidity. If the humidity is below 50%, the mucous membranes dry out quickly and the immune system is significantly weakened.
10. With herbs and Plants against viruses strengthen the immune system. Onions and garlic are considered natural antibiotics that help fight bacteria and inflammation. You can use it to taste your salads or dishes. But some herbs and spices can also strengthen the body's defenses or relieve symptoms of colds. These include chamomile, sage, marigold and clove.
11. With thyme viruses and bacteria fight. The plant contains important essential oils that have a strong antiviral and antibacterial effect and thus effectively help the immune system to find and kill pathogens.
12th Strengthen the chest muscles by doing breathing exercises daily doing breathing exercises daily. Our lungs have no muscles, the chest muscles regulate breathing movements. That is why it is important to strengthen the pectoral muscles. The fitter they are, the easier it is to breathe. The easier the breathing, the more oxygen gets into the cells.
When do you need to see a doctor?
Should you fall ill despite all the protective measures, then at least you have the consolation that you have built up your immune system with a healthy diet. You should still see a doctor if:
- You have symptoms such as a coughing cough, fever or muscle pain
- You feel sick and have had contact with an infected person
- You are in quarantine at home and suddenly feel sick
- You feel cold and have previous illnesses
It is very important that you strictly follow the instructions of the authorities and medical professionals. Do not take medication unless prescribed by a doctor. Self-treatment is particularly inadvisable when it comes to coronavirus. Not only because your condition could get worse, but also because you could infect others with the dangerous illness.
The good news is that if you have strengthened your immune system with a healthy diet, you can hope for a normal immune response. So there is a good chance that you will only develop mild symptoms and feel better soon.
Strengthening the immune system: Supporting the immune system's fight against the corona virus with home remedies appeared first on Deavita.com | Living ideas, design, hairstyles, make-up, lifestyle, health and beauty tips.