Wellness at home and self-care tips to feel good and relax!
Working from home and leaving the apartment only in an emergency – this is what everyday life has been like for more than 1 month. These are tough times that we have to go through and the lack of control over the current situation and the perplexity are among the biggest stress factors. But to counteract fear and stress, it is particularly important that we do ourselves a good thing. So why don't you try to make good use of the quarantine time, allow yourself time for yourself and recharge your batteries? In our article we will tell you what you need for a wellness home as well as numerous self-care tips and ideas for well-being!
Regardless of whether or not during the corona virus crisis – stressful everyday life has meant that our needs and desires are often somehow left behind somewhere. Self-Care comes from English and stands for self-care and self-love. The main thing is to take a little break and recharge your batteries. Of course, this can look different for everyone. While some people like to do a hard home workout, others prefer to stay in bed with a nice book. You should decide for yourself and know what works best for you.
Wellness home ideas
- Find time window – For the wellness home you should first find a time window just for yourself. This shouldn't be a problem for anyone living alone, but it is different for families with children. Whether for just a few hours or for a whole day – it's up to you.
- Healthy breakfast – With self-care at home, stress is absolutely taboo. It is best to sleep well and start the day with a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
- Turn off the phone – It has been scientifically proven that constant checking of news and social media triggers stress. A digital detox reduces anxiety and has a relaxing effect – the perfect way to charge the batteries while doing something good for your body.
These self-care tips ensure pure relaxation
- A hot bath, wonderfully scented candles and your favorite music create a calming atmosphere and brighten the mood. The aromas also stimulate the production of the happiness hormones dopamine and serotonin. How about a milk bath, for example? The milk softens the skin, provides it with moisture and can also help with eczema. Sprinkle a few petals over it so you can feel like you're on a luxury vacation. It's best to choose flowers that have a calming effect, such as roses, orchids, dandelions, and jasmine.
- Homemade face masks and body peeling – Even if the SPA Studio is closed at the moment, it does not mean that you should do without extensive skin care. Homemade face masks are made quickly and mostly contain natural ingredients that you already have in your closet. A regular body peeling removes dead skin cells and should not be missing in any skin care routine.
- Soothing music is another wonderful way to improve the atmosphere at the wellness home. Classical music in particular is said to help improve sleep, lower blood pressure and relieve anxiety and pain.
- Order from your favorite restaurant – Enjoy yourself and order something delicious to eat. Right now in the corona virus crisis, many local restaurants and cafés have improvised and set up delivery services without further ado. Add a glass of wine and you have the perfect wellness for your home.
Meditate and home workouts
- There is hardly a better way than meditation to eliminate all worries and thoughts. Meditation and yoga exercises ensure that we let go of the stress and feel more relaxed and lighter.
- Home workouts – Too much stress and lack of movement lead to muscle tension. Fitness exercises are not just for losing weight, they also stimulate the production of endorphins and help with depression and anxiety. Therefore, it is very important to remain physically active and to do regular fitness exercises at home.
Self-care at home – further helpful tips and ideas
As already mentioned, the perfect wellness home looks different for everyone. The most important thing is that afterwards you feel happy and relaxed. Below are other interesting ideas for self care:
- Read your favorite book or watch a full season of your favorite series.
- Sit on the balcony and enjoy the view. Bring the atmosphere of the local café into your home by swapping the boring black coffee for a delicious steamed cappuccino.
- Create an album with family photos and your best memories.
- Give your apartment a refreshing atmosphere and try to make different home decorations yourself.
- Have you always wanted to paint, knit, sew or learn something similar? There is hardly a better time to try a new hobby.
- Do something that made you happy as a child. Resuming a hobby or activity that you loved earlier makes you feel light and carefree. For example, many people swear by the positive effects of coloring books for adults.
- Every day, write a small list of things that made you smile and why. This could be forgotten money in your pocket or a surprise call from an old friend. This will help you focus more on the positive things in life.
The post wellness at home and self-care tips to feel good and relax! appeared first on Deavita.com | Living ideas, design, hairstyles, make-up, lifestyle, health and beauty tips.