Pancake Cereal Recipe: A different breakfast classic with delicious mini pancakes!
Whether in the morning, in the evening, sweet or rather hearty – delicious pancakes are a timeless classic and always go! The food trends this year are more varied than ever and surprise us again and again! After banana bread and Co., there is now a completely new trend in the spotlight, namely – pancake cereals. The sweet mini pancakes originally came from the social platform TikTok and have since gone viral on Instagram and Twitter. Numerous budding hobby chefs conjure up the delicious breakfast with a variety of toppings and give useful preparation tips. Are you longing for some variety in your breakfast routine? Then simply replace the good, old muesli with our incredibly tasty and simple pancake cereal recipe!
Pancake Cereal comes from English and means “pancake muesli” in German. In less than 3 weeks, the hashtag #pancakecereal has more than 12 million views on TikTok. Whether you pour warm milk over them or cover them with butter, honey and fresh options is a matter of taste. With the new food trend, anything that pleases is allowed!
Pancake Cereal Recipe – it's that easy to make mini pancakes
Pancake Cereal is actually nothing more than classic American pancakes, but in a mini version! They are roughly the size of ordinary corn flakes or a 50 cent coin and are the perfect start to the weekend! The possibilities to eat the new food trend seem endless. But the most common option is to put the pancake cereal in a bowl and drizzle with a little honey and butter. Of course, you can serve the pancakes with milk as normal, but then you will no longer be so crispy and fluffy. Either way – Pancake Cereal Recipe is a very entertaining way to eat the breakfast classic.
The best thing about the Pancake Cereal is that you can use any recipe for the dough. From ready-made pancake mixes from the shop to vegan pancakes, everything is allowed. Below we have the original recipe from the inventor of the food trend. Since the pancakes are quite small, we have to warn you that they will get cold quickly. We therefore recommend that you work quickly or use a larger pan.
- 60 grams of wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 200 ml buttermilk or full fat milk
- Oil for the pan
- Plastic bag
- Choice of toppings
Preparation step by step
- Mix all the ingredients for the pancake batter into a smooth mass. Make sure the dough is not too fluid or too thick.
- Now put the pancake batter in a small plastic bag and then cut a small hole in the lower corner.
- Pour a little oil into the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Put small drops in the pan and leave a little space in between so that the day does not run together.
- Cook until small bubbles form on the surface and around the edges.
- Slowly turn the pancake cereal over with a spatula and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Put the mini pancakes in a bowl, top them as you like and enjoy!
Helpful preparation tips and tricks
We have put together some of the most useful tips from the Internet so that you can get the pancake cereal recipe right the first time.
- Use oil instead of butter for the pan. Butter has a low heat point and the mini pancakes could burn quickly.
- First heat the pan on low heat and do not turn up the temperature until you have used up the entire dough.
- Since the pancake batter spreads a little when frying, keep the pancakes really small.
- You can keep pancake cereal in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and then warm it up in the oven at 100 degrees for 5 minutes just before serving.
Pancake Cereal Recipe – Ideas for delicious toppings and toppings
When it comes to the toppings and toppings for the pancake cereal, there are no limits to your imagination and you can go crazy! Try mini pancakes with chocolate chips or add some fresh berries. Other popular options include nutella, cinnamon sugar, nuts, sugar sprinkles – there is the right pancake cereal recipe for every taste! If you choose the variant with the chocolate pieces, it is important to use mini chocolate chips.
Cookie Cereal recipe for all chocolate lovers!
Nice crispy chocolate chip cookies with a cup of warm milk – this is undoubtedly one of the most popular snacks for both children and adults! So how about cookies for breakfast? Cookie Cereal Recipe is another food trend from TickTock that provides a cool change on the table. You can not only enjoy the mini chocolate cookies with milk for breakfast, but also serve them with a little ice cream as a dessert after dinner. Your friends will thank you, I promise! And here's the ultimate cookie cereal recipe:
- 100 grams of soft butter
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 150 grams of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 100 grams of mini chocolate pieces or a chocolate chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line 1 baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and add all the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate pieces.
- Mix the mixture with a hand mixer at the lowest and finally very briefly at the highest level to a smooth dough.
- Then stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Take about 1 teaspoon of the dough, shape it into small balls and press it flat. Leave some space in between.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes and let cool completely.
- Put in a bowl, pour milk over it and enjoy!
The post Pancake Cereal Recipe: A different breakfast classic with delicious mini pancakes! appeared first on Deavita.com | Living ideas, design, hairstyles, make-up, lifestyle, health and beauty tips.