Make your own face mask in summer – 7 recipes for glowing and healthy skin at a glance
Summer has officially begun and like everyone is spending as much time outdoors as possible. But as much as we love the warm weather, our skin is extremely stressed by the chlorine in the swimming pool, the air conditioning in the office and at home and by the heat. As a result, itching often occurs, acne and the skin becomes dry and brittle. Therefore, skin care in summer differs significantly from that in other seasons. While we want to treat ourselves to an expensive facial in the beauty salon every now and then, there are many great alternatives that work just as well and protect our wallets. And the best thing is that you most likely already have many of the ingredients at home. In our article, we will tell you how you can make your own natural facial mask in the summer!
The heat in summer can increase skin oil production, which in turn can cause rashes, enlarged pores, and acne breakouts. Sun exposure, on the other hand, can lead to dark spots, an uneven skin tone or even sunburn. In order for you to enjoy a healthy complexion for longer and the skin remains radiant in the hot summer months, it is particularly important to provide it with sufficient moisture. If you want to get the most out of your skin care routine, use only natural ingredients and use a summer face mask at least 2-3 times a week.
Make your own face mask in summer – avocado and honey for radiant and healthy skin
Our first recipe for face mask for summer is perfect for all avocado lovers! The delicious fruit promotes cell renewal, provides our skin with vitamins and plenty of moisture – a real all-rounder! Here’s how easy it is:
- 1/2 avocado, ripe
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Put the avocado in a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add honey and coconut oil and mix everything into a creamy mass.
- Apply the face mask to clean skin and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat the face dry with a towel.
Care afterwards – after sun face mask cucumber honey
It is no longer a secret that we mainly have to use make-up products with a high SPF in summer. A homemade cucumber honey facial mask soothes and cools the skin and is the perfect home remedy to counteract sunburn!
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp natural aloe vera gel
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces, put in the blender and puree.
- Put the honey, yogurt and aloe vera gel in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the cucumber and stir everything together. Apply the face mask to the cleansed face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
Quick watermelon face mask for a radiant complexion
Seasonal fruits are good for our health and provide us with important vitamins and nutrients. Watermelon is not only important to our health, it also offers a number of skin benefits. The delicious fruit consists of 92% water, contains several vitamins and antioxidants and is the perfect ingredient for a cooling face mask. Below we have a few recipes for watermelon face masks that will make your skin look fresh and healthy in summer. Fresh watermelon juice is used for all recipes – put the watermelon in a blender and puree.
Honey and watermelon face mask:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh watermelon juice with 2 tablespoons of honey to a paste. Apply to clean skin and leave for 20 minutes. Then rinse with cold water.
Face mask summer melon and yoghurt:
- Mix 100 grams of yogurt with 30 grams of watermelon juice and apply the mask to the face with a brush. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse off.
Moisturizing face mask for summer with watermelon and milk:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of milk with about 20-30 ml of watermelon juice and 2-3 drops of vitamin E. Apply the mask to clean skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel.
Make after sun face mask in summer – carrot with honey mask for an even complexion
Whether for dry or oily and blemished skin – raw honey is the ultimate home remedy for a homemade face mask. It contains numerous substances that help against skin problems such as dandruff, acne and severe itching. Do you want radiant and healthy skin in summer? Then you should definitely make this after sun face mask yourself and use it at least twice a week.
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tbsp honey
- Cut the carrot into small pieces and put together with the honey in a blender. Mix well until you get a fine paste. Apply the mixture to the face and neck and let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water.
Refreshing summer face mask with strawberries and lemon
Does your face look dry and tired in summer? The vitamin C and salicylic acid contained in the strawberries act like a gentle peeling that removes the dead skin cells and provides the skin with moisture. And the nicest? Everything that is left of the mixture can be eaten without any regrets!
- 50 grams of strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt or quark
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces, put them in a bowl and crush them with a fork.
- Add the yoghurt, lemon juice and honey and mix everything into a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to the cleansed face and let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
The post Make your own face mask in summer – 7 recipes for glowing and healthy skin at a glance appeared first on Deavita.com | Living ideas, design, hairstyles, make-up, lifestyle, health and beauty tips.